Tuesday 7 August 2018

Face Mists Review

A Review of Face Mists

Hello! 

I don't know if anyone at all reads this blog but I figured I would post anyway because I used to search "Caudalie Beauty Elixir vs Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist" and surprisingly there were not as many comprehensive reviews of both as I thought there would be. 

Let's start with the number of face mists I have in my arsenal (I'm a hoarder, I know):

(L-R) Caudalie Grape Water, Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Shu Uemura Skin Perfector Yuzu Makeup Refresher Mist, Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Primer & Setting Spray, Pixi Glow Mist, Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Fix Mist

Let's start with arguably two of the most famous face mists every beauty lover would have had owned at some point in their lives Caudalie Beauty Elixir vs Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist:

Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist 

 

Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist (£15/£25/£50 for 30ml/50ml/100ml; RM299 for 100ml )
Refreshing, toning facial mist for instant skin hydration
A quick spritz of this neroli and rose-scented face mist refreshes the skin and lifts the spirits… Purifying and hydrating, this toner was inspired by the Queen of Hungary Water, the world’s first recorded perfume, formulated for Queen Elisabeth of Hungary in the 14th century. Perfect for a midday pick-me-up or as a post-cleanse toner.Orange blossom, rose & sage waters purify and tone skin.
Apple pectin provides long-lasting hydration and suppleness.Vitamin C to brighten, illuminate and help correct skin-tone.
  • Working with a Hungarian Nobel prize winning laboratory, Omorovicza Cosmetics developed and patented the HEALING CONCENTRATE™ to deliver all the potent minerals occurring naturally in the Omorovicza healing waters deep into the epidermis. Complexion appears firmer, suppler and more youthful.
(info from official site)

Delivery: 
Very fine and precise (without feeling like it is shooting out of a hose - more on this later). This is important to me because it makes sure most of the product lands on my face which is really where I want all the product to end up at AND it doesn't waste as much product as I tend to do with mists. 

Effect:
This mist actually feels like a serum on my face, I absolutely LOVE this product. I do not use mists as a toner, I already have a perfectly good one (SKII Facial Treatment Clear Lotion). This is my gateway drug to everything Omorovicza - I have ordered a few of their other products because of how well this works- and I have repurchased it twice. Face feels super hydrated and supple after and it also soothes my skin like no other, bringing down inflammation. Oh, and the smell. I love the smell so much I feel like writing to Omorovicza and asking them to formulate a perfume based on this mist. Orange blossoms and neroli without being overwhelmingly citrus-y, light and natural.  


Caudalie Beauty Elixir
(Image from Caudalie)

Caudalie Beauty Elixir (£12/£32; RM65/RM195 for 30ml/100ml)


Beauty Elixir, The Secret of Make-Up Artists

This beauty enhancing mist is the secret of the stars and make-up artists for its many benefits:
Smooths away fine linesTightens poresSets make-upGives a boost of radiance
Grapes: Boosts radiance & moisturises
Rose, Myrrhe: Tone
Rosemary: Energise
Once upon a time, there was a book of spells found on the banks of the Seine, in Paris. A recipe was found in it for the youth elixir used by the Queen of Hungary in the 16th century. It is said that she charmed the King of Poland, thirty-five years her junior, with her radiant complexion. Caudalie was inspired by this recipe to create the Beauty Elixir, an iconic brand product.

Delivery: 
Fine and more spread out than the QoH mist, when I use it the product lands on my face, neck and shoulders and sometimes thighs - told you I'm liberal! It's not a bad thing, I feel it is more of a preference issue. But based on the reasons I stated above, I prefer the QoH's delivery system. 

Effect:
To be perfectly honest when I first used this, I felt a bit underwhelmed by the product because my skin did not feel hydrated after spritzing it on as directed. In fact my skin felt tight and this made me itch to put moisturiser on my face whenever I tried using it to refresh myself throughout the day (I am extremely paranoid about dry skin). After I got past this issue, I liked that it was very refreshing to use - it would wake me up with its pepperminty and herbal scent in the mornings, refresh my skin giving it a clean and tight feeling at night. However it would sting if I use it on any open wounds (eg after an eyebrow shaping session, a facial extraction) probably attributed to the organic balm mint in its ingredients. I don't use it as a makeup setting spray so I can't attest to that aspect. 

These two mists are always pitted against each other due to both their claims about the Hungarian Queen. I tried to find out more about the history behind it but I did not manage to find a Queen of Hungary whom was a lot older than her husband. (Do correct me if I'm wrong though) Hence.. marketing! 

Verdict: My favourite of the two would be Omorovicza's Queen of Hungary Mist. I have repurchased both these mists and find that I much prefer Omorovicza's mist as it is much more hydrating and it acts like a very good serum on my face. Also, I find that the QoH lasts a lot longer due to the way the mist comes out - less product is wasted compared to Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. This definitely justifies the price difference, and I am EXTREMELY liberal with mists. (actually with all products too - my train of thought is that if you use only a tiny amount you won't be able to see how the product performs!) I highly recommend the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist if you want to treat yourself (and we always should!) or just get the smaller versions; they are all priced according to their sizes, which I love because a lot of smaller versions of products are priced exorbitantly and I hate that. I know why they do it and it works, which makes me hate it even more. 

If you have oily skin and or are looking for a toner, then go for the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. That is definitely more of a toner and it really gives you the feeling of tightening your skin with some tingling. 

Other face mists:

Caudalie Grape Water
Pixi Glow Mist
Shu Uemura Skin Perfector Yuzu Makeup Refresher Mist
Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Primer & Setting Spray
Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Face Mist

<<<work in progress, am too tired to continue - promise to update soon with reviews of all the other mists!>>>

stay tuned:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Face Mists Review

A Review of Face Mists Hello!  I don't know if anyone at all reads this blog but I figured I would post anyway because I used t...